Newest Recall Letter Arrived Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigleaf, Mar 27, 2015.

1. bigleaf

bigleaf New Member

It would appear that the Caracals are being recalled again. My F QS... the one they sent me to replace my old F QS... has now been recalled. The fellow in Alabama said that they don't have any idea when replacements will arrive. Said they can't get any reply to their inquiries. (Funny, because their recall letter states that they'll have them in by April, 2015 - next week!)

I'm beginning to like the Caracal "New Gun Every Two Years" plan. I almost never have to clean the gun before they send me a new one. Never even had to replace a part!

The sad thing is, I really, really like them. The C and F shot better than anything I've ever owned or borrowed. Oh, well.

My wife said I'd regret getting a tattoo with the serial number of my favorite pistol on my arm... right again.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  2. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

:mad:Got the UPS notice when I got home this afternoon. Absolute damn bulls**t ! I'll hold the box here until I get a phone call [you have my number] and you can give me my new serial# and a picture to my E-mail. I should have kept my WW F, I'll be waiting and shooting the crap outta' this one until then.

3. okie67

okie67 Member

Got the same letter as well but not giving up my last WW model F.Going to give them a call next week.

4. damBob

damBob New Member

Was it a design flaw? Blocked bore? Over pressure sub-gun ammo? I don't know but I'm taking my nephews shooting this afternoon. I'm keeping mine.

5. jhb

jhb New Member

Yep. Just went to ups to pick up whatever they sent me.....but i have to go back monday due to no one having the keys to open the lock box to give whatever it is to me.

I have been pondering what they sent me. Thanks y'all for doing the post and info. Ill send mine back when they have new ones in. Had to wait a year or so for the last recall that got me this one. Luckily mine is just a collector now and i got 50 plus pistols to shoot.

What the hell is going on at caracal? Man i wish they'd finally get their ducks in a row cause i love this pistol.......true love, cause otherwise I would have thrown my hands up by now and moved on.

6. WizZmo

WizZmo New Member

Yep it's true. I just knew it driving all the way to the UPS. Thinking that maybe they were sending me a free???? I wonder what an "Enhanced Model F" is.

7. pneuby

pneuby New Member

My UPS guy stopped Saturday. I just thought this was a "day-late, dolloar-short" letter to inform of the recall....NOT cross-referencing to see mine had long since been DONE.

Are you guys saying they are RECALLING the Pistols they'v already REPLACED?????

WTF?

8. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Got my letter today and it specifies the MFxxx serial number of the replacement they sent me for my WW #LV906 that I returned.
    They also stated that this was my last notification on this recalled #.
    WTF! This was the first I've been contacted about this, and they spelled my name wrong! They had my cell# and E-mail but act like I've been avoiding them.
    Will call them tomorrow when hopefully I won't be quite so pissed off.

9. jhb

jhb New Member

The serial number on my letter....got it from ups today. ...is for the replacement gun i got from turning in my last recalled gun. It is a different number than my recalled and turned in waffen works gun. I can see no other way to interpret this as they are recalling the recall replacements. I will turn mine in when they have the replacements to send out. Im not waiting another year plus like last time. Im not mad....im calm but this is beyond silly to recall again......without replacements.......again.

10. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Could not get thru on the phone on the 31st but did on 1st., Misty* said that as of April 1st they were not sending boxes for recall as the replacement supply schedule had changed. She is however sending me the package for full refund, at retail, of my "F", 8 mags, and my RKBA kydex gear.
    At this point I'm not sure I'll live long enough to see Caracal get it together. Still could change my mind again but right now I think I see something else handed down to my kids.

11. okie67

okie67 Member

I returned my model F QS model that was replaced under the recall,it took about 90 days to get my refund check.Their customer service is pretty crappy,I still won't send in my last model F.
    It would be a miracle if they ever get back in the market place,too many promises and slow communication .

12. clw

clw Junior Member

Same story here, both the replacement F and the original C will be replaced by F's. No C to C replacements. And, the exchange units are off in the future, again.

13. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Well no, refund/return box yet. [why am I not surprised?]
    I'll have to call "Misty" tomorrow. Could the refund possibly take as long as replacement?

14. machinegunnertim

machinegunnertim New Member

They still haven't given me a good enough reason to turn in my W.W. model F.
    It shoots great and I carry it as a duty weapon so i couldn't let it go if i wanted to without making arrangements weeks or months in advance.

When a Caracal rep shows up at my door with a replacement pistol i suppose then i'll turn it in.

15. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Box and paperwork arrived today before I could call.

16. jhb

jhb New Member

I was told to take the refund money and run.....

I cant decide if i am just stubborn or stupid.......I'm leaning towards stupid.

17. pneuby

pneuby New Member

SO, a recall of the replacements. Gotta be a FIRST for any gun company. Of course, Remington doesn't want to be the second one, with the revamped R51, LOL.

I miss my gun, I must admit. PPQs have arguably an equal trigger, but more flip and less shots.

I hope Cara gets it together!

18. Ivan244

Ivan244 New Member

Hopefully the mid June estimates are spot on. Can't wait to get either Model C with QS or Model F

19. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

It isn't a first, but is still something to be really embarrassed about.

20. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

3 weeks and I still haven't been able to make myself box this bitch up.
    This problem started with gravitating towards 'Baaad girls'
    I need help, this damn gun has me---